Turmeric is widely used in the cosmetic and beauty industries due to its ayurvedic properties promoting various benefits and remedies to skin and health. There are enormous turmeric benefits for skin and health.
Turmeric has been used in Asia for thousands of years and is a major part of Ayurveda, siddha medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, unani, and the animistic rituals of Austronesian peoples. However, It was first used as a dye, and later in folk medicine because of its supposed properties.
It is one of the key ingredients in many Asian dishes, giving foods a mustard-like, earthy aroma and pungent, slightly bitter flavor. It is mainly used in savory dishes, but is also used in sweet dishes such as cake sfouf. In India, turmeric leaves are used to make special sweet dishes, patoleo, layer rice flour and coconut hunting mixture on the leaf, then close and steam in a special utensil.
Turmeric grows wild in the South and South-East Asian forests where it is collected for use in classical Indian medicine.
Turmeric is one of your spice cabinet’s most prized condiments. It is often used to add a bright yellowish-orange hue in Indian curries but also works as an effective and natural ingredient of beauty. You may already have been told on a regular basis about the health benefits of consuming turmeric, it gives the same results for your skin and beauty.
This humble spice can be used to address skin disorder, treat uneven skin tone, heal cracked feet, prevent hair loss and even help you get rid of dandruff. One ingredient-so many benefits for beauty! Here’s a practical guide to using turmeric.
Turmeric benefits for skin
1. Reduces scars and can cure wounds:
Most individuals face this problem of scars and wounds in their day-to-day life. Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties work on your pores, and calm your skin. Because of its antiseptic qualities, turmeric is also known to reduce scarring and heal any kind of wounds more fast.
How to make Turmeric face pack for scars and wounds?
- Mix a pinch of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of besan (gram flour) together.
- Apply it to the affected areas and let the paste dry for 25 minutes or less.
- Wash with cold water.
2. Delays signs of getting older (Anti-Ageing):
Turmeric contains curcuminoid pigments that assist the body in antioxidant synthesis. These antioxidants protect the skin cells against free radical damage and can even slow down signs of ageing such as dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
3. Deals with dry and cracked skin:
Did you try everything you could to treat cracked heels? Try the turmeric now and you’re not going to be disappointed.
How to heal cracked skin?
- Mix some coconut oil with turmeric powder.
- Apply this paste to your cracked heels or dry skin.
- After 15 minutes wash it off. You skin will feel softened and relieved.
4. Moisturize burns:
Turmeric is often used as a soothing agent to reduce the Burning sensation of wounds. Turmeric helps in treating of burns.
How to Heal burns?
- Mix a pinch of turmeric with some milk or curd for cooling and apply it to the area affected.
- Let it dry a bit, and then gently wash it off.
- Repeat this for at least one to two weeks a few times a day, until the burn mark begins to fade away.
5. Reduces stretch marks:
Stretch marks on the skin are long , narrow strips, stripes or lines that develop. They occur when the skin gets stretched suddenly and is extremely common. Although they tend to affect more women than men, anyone can develop stretch marks. Turmeric also aids in reducing stretch marks making your skin look young and beautiful.
How to reduce stretch marks?
- To get rid of stretch marks, a mixture of turmeric, saffron and lime juice can be used.
- Apply the paste to the area, allow it to sit for 15 minutes, then wash away.
- Repeat this every day until you see the marks lighten up.
6. Turmeric for skin Glowing and whitening:
It can help restore your natural glow and it also helps in treating uneven skin tone. In order to improve uneven skin tone and make your skin look bright and glowing try this face pack.
how to make turmeric face pack with honey?
- Take one teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of milk and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric to make a quick face pack.
- Leave it on for 20-25 minutes and then wash it off.
- Repeat three to four times a week till you see results.
7. Turmeric for sun tan:
Sun tanning or simply tanning is the process that darkenes or tannes the color of the skin. It is most commonly caused by exposure to ultraviolet ( UV ) radiation from sunlight or artificial sources, such as a tanning lamp found in indoor tanning beds. Turmeric is also great to remove sun tan which makes your skin look sluggish.
How to heal sun tan?
- Mix a pinch of turmeric, lemon juice and raw milk to make a paste.
- Apply the mixture correctly throughout the affected area, and wait until it dries.
- Wash it off with fresh water.
8. Treats acne:
Most of the peoples intend to suffer from acne and pimples. Turmeric has its anti-bacterial properties, this golden spice is very effective against acne and redness. It helps to destroy the bacteria that cause acne, and also removes the excess oil from the skin.
How to treat acne using turmeric?
- To make a paste, mix 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric with 2 teaspoons of sandalwood and a little milk.
- Apply it all over your face, wait for it to dry.
- Wash off, and repeat in a week a few times to see results.
9. Helps exfoliate skin:
Exfoliation involves removing the oldest dead skin cells on the very outer surface of the skin. Exfoliation can be done through mechanical or chemical means. Turmeric helps in removing dead skin cells and helps in maintaining even skin tone.
How to treat dead skin cells?
- To form a paste, mix 1 tablespoon oatmeal, 1 tablespoon powdered masoor dal (Red lentil).
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder and some milk or rose water.
- This exfoliating face pack leaves your face smooth and clean.
A lot of people worry about turning their skin and face yellow with turmeric. But you need not worry. Although, Only a pinch of turmeric powder is needed in most face packs that may not stain your face. Also, as turmeric adulteration with synthetic colors is common and can stain and harm your skin make sure you buy pure and good quality turmeric.
10. Natural Anti-Inflammatory properties:
It is incredibly important to inflammate. It helps your body fight foreign invaders and also plays a role in damage repair. Without inflammation, bacteria-like pathogens could easily take over and kill your body.
While acute, short-term inflammation is beneficial, when it becomes chronic it can become a major problem and inappropriately attacks the tissues of your body.
Scientists now believe that in almost every chronic Western disease, chronic low-level inflammation plays a major role. This includes heart disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome, Alzheimer’s and various conditions of degeneration.
11. Turmeric can help prevent cancer:
Cancer is a terrible disease marked by uncontrolled growth of the cells. There are a lot of different forms of cancer that still have many things in common. Some of these seem to be affected by supplements with curcumin.
Curcumin which is also called turmeric has been studied in cancer treatment as a beneficial herb and has been found to have an effect on cancer growth , development, and molecular spread.
Studies have shown it can contribute to cancer cell death and decrease angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels in tumors) and metastasis (cancer spread).
Multiple studies indicate that curcumin is capable of reducing cancer cell growth in the laboratory and inhibiting tumor growth in test animals.
12. Turmeric contains organic compounds with strong medicinal properties:
It has been utilized as a spice and medicinal herb in India for thousands of years. Science has recently begun to support what Indians have known for a long time it does indeed contain compounds with medicinal properties.or
But turmeric’s curcumin content isn’t that high. By weight, it’s about 3 percent.
These remedies for Turmeric Benefits For Skin And Health will help you improve yourself and makes your life the Healthy one.
Here are few articles you might like: