Getting rid of sunburn quick and fast is always a tough job for people facing sun tan and we have made it easy for you to help you heal the tanned skin. Sunburn is a form of radiation burning that affects living tissue, such as skin , usually from the Sun, resulting from overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation. In this article I will be sharing various methods on How to get rid of sunburn fast following these methods will surely help you heal sun tan and retains your dead skin cells.
What are the symptoms of sunburn?
Common symptoms in humans and other animals include: hot to the touch or painful red or reddish skin, general fatigue and mild dizziness. In extreme cases, too much UV radiation can be life-threatening. Excessive UV radiation is the leading cause of non-malignant skin tumors, primarily. Sunburn is an inflammatory tissue response that is triggered by direct UV-radiation damage to DNA. When UV radiation damages the cells’ DNA excessively, type I cell-death is triggered and the tissue is replaced.
Typically minor sunburns cause the affected areas nothing more than slight redness and tenderness. Blistering can happen in more serious cases. Extreme sunburns can be painful to the point of weakening and may require hospital attention. Sometimes a severe sunburn is called a “lobster burn,” and sunburn is in Australia and New England to turn “lobster.”
Suntans, which naturally develop in some individuals as a protective mechanism against the sun, are viewed by most in the Western world as desirable. As a result, exposure to UV radiation from both the natural sun and the tanning lamps has increased overall. Suntans can provide a modest sun protection factor (SPF) of 3, meaning tanned skin would tolerate as pale skin up to three times UV exposure.
Research has shown that best sunscreen protection is achieved 15 to 30 minutes before exposure, followed by one 15 to 30 minutes after exposure starts. Only after activities such as swimming, sweating and rubbing is further re-application necessary. This varies depending on the indications and protection displayed on the label — from as little as 80 minutes in water to a few hours depending on the selected product. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends selecting a sunscreen with the following criteria.
How to get rid of sunburn fast
1. Lemon and Honey for skin:
Lemon juice has a bleaching effect which helps to quickly remove tan. This is one of the oldest home remedies for freckles, age spots, melasma, and fine lines and wrinkles. Because it is high in vitamin C, an antioxidant and citric acid, it is widely regarded as good for the skin. For glowing and perfect skin this is a good start to moisturize and helps to get rid of sunburn fast.
Yes, lemons are great for your skin, filled to the brim with Vitamin C which is an antioxidant and a brightening agent. While drinking lemon water gives you glowing skin, applying a face mask with few drops of lemon juice can get rid of excess oil on your skin and reduce acne. Make a habit of having lemon ginger tea which will boost your recovery.
How to use honey and lemon for skin?
- Take the fresh lemon juice, add a little honey and apply it to your skin.
- Let it remain, and wash it off for 30 minutes.
- You can also add a little sugar to the lemon juice and gently scrub your skin to slough out dead cells from the surface.
2. Tomatoes for skin
Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants which help to make the skin brighter. In contrast, yogurt contains lactic acid which softens the skin.Tomatoes are one of my favorite and most effective remedies for a clear and clean skin when it comes to skin care. These humble robust red balls are full of nutrients as well as being highly effective in healing and clarifying the skin. Tomatoes, which are slightly acidic in nature, contain high potassium and vitamin C content; this transforms the sluggishest skin and restores glow to the skin.
Tomatoes also have lycopene, which is an antioxidant that helps the body combat free radicals. Hence, it helps to treat skin problems associated with ageing and sun damage, making it a great rejuvenator for skin. Because of their astringent properties, tomatoes help to reduce excess sebum on the surface of the skin preventing oil from building up, further reducing the chances of blackheads and whiteheads. Since they have pore-shrinking properties and help to tighten the skin, it also greatly reduces the chances of acne and pimples.
How to make tomato face pack?
- Take raw tomato and take off skin.
- Stir in 1-2 tsp of fresh yogurt.
- Use this paste on your skin, and after 20 minutes, wash off.
Benefits of using Tomato and yoghurt:
- May help protect yourself from skin cancer.
- May lower the risk of sunburns.
- May promote the healing of wounds.
- May make inflammation of the skin sooth.
- May stimulate producing collagen.
- May help with the removal of dead skin cells.
- May have antiseptic properties.
- May be helpful in combating cell damage.
3. Cucumber extract helps eliminate tanning:
Cucumber has a way to make things simplest, like a cold glass of water or a sushi roll, better. But you did know that this staple section of the cucumber can also dramatically change the health and appearance of your skin.
Cucumber is very beneficial for sun burnt and tanned skin. Cucumber has a cooling effect and helps with tanning removal. This will also help to get rid of sunburn fast and will recover dead skin cells.
Cucumber has skin care benefits including vitamin C and caffeic acid, both fighting to reduce inflamed or irritated skin, as well as hydration due to high water content. The peel itself contains silica which makes the skin sagging. Wechsler believes that even those with the most sensitive skin types can benefit from the use of cucumber.
How to make cucumber face pack?
- Shred a cucumber, and squeeze to extract the juice.
- Apply the juice all over your skin, using a cotton ball.
- Let this dry, and wash it. You can add a little lemon juice for additional benefits, too.
How does cucumber benefit skin?
- Calms puffy eyes. Place cool slices of cucumber over your eye socket for an instant fix. They’ll act as little packs of ice to relieve puffy lids. “The cucumbers contain flavonoids and antioxidants which reduce swelling , redness and irritation, “They also provide a cooling effect that helps shrink dilated blood vessels, thus reducing puffy eye appearance.
- Treat sunburn and annoyed skin. Too much sun can have real painful effects , particularly on the face’s butterfly region (front, nose, cheeks, and chin). According to Wechsler, cucumbers are loaded with lots of nutrients such as water, potassium, sulfate and vitamins A and C which soothe skin conditions such as sunburns. Simply place thin cucumber slices on your face, and lie down for at least 15 minutes. Then remove the slices and have a light moisturizer applied.
4. Flour of Bengal gram and turmeric:
Turmeric is an excellent skin brightening agent whilst Bengal gram flour (besan) efficiently lightens skin. All most all of the cosmetic and beauty industries have been using turmeric as their ingredient due to their enormous benefits turmeric provides to skin. Here is an article about the benefits of using turmeric. Turmeric has been proven the best natural medicine to heal skin cells and will moisturize skin makes the recovery process much faster and you will be able to get rid of sunburn fast and easily.
Here is how to make a face pack:
- In a cup of Bengal gram flour, add 1 tsp of turmeric and mix some water or milk to make a thin paste.
- Apply this mixture to your face and body and let it dry before using lukewarm water gently scrubbing it away.
Regular use will help your skin fade the tan.
How does Bengal gram benefit skin?
- Helps with Treating Acne: Zinc in gram flour can fight off acne-causing infections. And the fibre stabilizes the levels of blood sugar. Imbalanced levels of sugar in your blood can stress your hormones and cause breakouts or pimples. This may prevent acne.
- Dead Skin is exfoliation.
- Reduces oily skin.
- Removes hair from fine facials.
- Can bring Instant Fairness.
- Helps to lower cholesterol levels.
- Diabetes control.
- Helps to enhance heart health.
- Can help lose weight.
5. Potato juice to remove tan:
Potato juice is often used to make dark circles lighten around the eyes. Besides being naturally soothing, potato juice is also known to be a potent bleaching agent. Try this face pack to get rid of sunburn fast and easy.
How to make potato face pack?
- Juice a raw potato and directly apply it to your skin to get rid of the tan.
- Alternatively, thin slices of potato on your eyes and face may also be used.
- Keep it on for 10-12 minutes, and wash it off when it dries.
6. Honey and papaya to remove tanning:
Papaya is rich in natural enzymes which exfoliate and bleach the skin. On the other hand, honey is a natural moisturizer and a soothing agent for the skin. It is also rich in antioxidants that remove free radicals that cause ageing from the skin. Try this amazing face pack i have mentioned below to get rid of sunburn fast use this face pack regularly which will help you make your skin soothing and glowing.
How to make Honey and papaya face pack?
- Take four to five cubes of ripe papaya; the better the riper.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey to it and mash it with a spoon or a fork behind.
- Mix well, until you form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste throughout the tanned skin, and let it dry.
- Wash it off with water after 20-30 minutes.
7. Pack of red lentil, tomato and aloe-vera:
Red lentil also known as “Masoor dal” as an indian term is an effective remedy when it comes to treating sun tan. Tomato juice brightens the skin while aloe vera soothes and humidifies the skin. There are lots of researches conducted to study the benefits of using aloe vera to skin and hair. The study concludes the positive outcomes benefiting the skin.
How to make face pack?
- Soak 2 tbsp of masoor dal in water for a couple of hours until the dal becomes moist.
- Drain and put the water in a blender.
- Add 1 teaspoon aloe-vera and gel to the dal, and 2 teaspoon fresh tomato juice.
- make in a paste.
- Apply to tanned skin and leave to remain for 20 minutes.
- Try massage action to rinse it out with water.
8. Oatmeal and buttermilk for cleaning your tan:
Oatmeal is known for its excellent exfoliating and skin cleansing properties. Buttermilk is rich in lactic acid which can soften the skin and improve skin tone. The oat meal and buttermilk face pack will help you restore to get rid of sunburn fast and quickly.
How to make oatmeal and buttermilk face pack?
- Soak 2 teaspoons of oats or oatmeal in some water for five minutes.
- Add 2-3 teaspoon of fresh, plain buttermilk to it and mix well.
- You may add honey to make the pack more moisturizing.
- Mix these ingredients well to form a paste and apply on your face, neck and arms.
- Rub in a circular motion and let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Wash off to reveal fresh, cleaner looking skin.
9. Try Milk cream and strawberries:
The strawberries are rich in AHA (alpha-hydroxy acids) and vitamin C and have natural skin brightening properties. The creamy goodness of the milk cream lock in the moisture deep into the skin makes it look healthy and supple.
How to make Milk and strawberries face-pack?
- Take a couple of ripe strawberries and mash them well with a fork.
- Add 2 teaspoons of fresh cream to it and whisk well to form a paste that is lump free.
- Use this on your face and skin tanned, and allow it to stay 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it with water, cold.
Multani mitti(Fuller’s earth) has various benefits to skin which will make your skin look younger and provides glowing skin. Try these above mentioned remedies will help you get rid of sunburns fast and quickly.